Mysore has turned into a Capital city for Yoga. Many yoga practitioners (Yogis) from various countries with various cultures and languages visit Mysore to learn Yoga. Some stay for a short time and few for a longer time, some have even made Mysore their home away from home.
Having worked with several yoga and wellness practitioners for over a decade now, I have figured some important points to note while designing a yoga website.
- First and foremost thing choosing a good domain name for your yoga shala
- Choose a reliable Hosting service provider
- Plan your website - create a website map
- Choose on which platform to develop - static html, wordpress, Drupal .?
- Make your website responsive
- Get a photo shoot done - a good picture talks more
- Hire a copywriter - keep in mind that the content you write for the website should be easy for people to understand. Remember content is the king when it comes to search engine optimisation.
- Create a social media presence plan - Create Business accounts/pages on Facebook, linkedin, Twitter, Youtube channel, Google Plus Business page etc.,
- Invest on online advertising like Adwords - with which you can target and advertise your prospective yoga students geographically.
- Keep your website content uptodate with fresh content.
- Write a Blog.
Tentative sitemap of a Yoga Shala
- Elegant homepage with the Yoga Teacher in Highlight - preferably with students
- About the yoga Studio
- Classes offered with details like Start and end dates, no. of students admitted, link to an online application form, enquiry form
- Frequently asked questions
- Location of the yoga shala or studio
- Testimonials from past students - specially a video testimonial will be nice.
- Important phone numbers to contact along with a local time being displayed online
- Contact details with google location map
- Integration of Google Analytics to view reports on your website visitors
- Social Media Presense : Facebook, Linkedin, Youtube, Google+ etc.,
Some of the Yoga websites we have designed:
If you need any support in designing your website drop us a mail on firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 09731312090, we'll be glad to help you with your yoga website.
You can also talk to Prashanth on skype ID: prashmys1